Life in Mirality
12 December 2018, 06:01:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 10194 times)

Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« on: 30 April 2008, 12:12:06 »

So: anyone have any suggestions for features they'd like to see in future versions of MCM (or improvements to existing features)?

I have a few ideas of my own, but I'd like to hear from the community as well.  (Not that there's all that many people here at the moment.)
neocyke
Lurker

Malaysia Malaysia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2008, 04:25:58 »

And your ideas would be?  Tongue

Anyway, my suggestion is a separate code / game editor. Just a simple button would do. The current way of adding a game using the active list is a bit too winded.

2nd would be a remove button for the visible favorites list.

3rd and last is Export to ARMAX button for active list just like the favorites one.

Oh yeah, integrating a code coverter fr other devices (code~ahem~breaker) to ARMAX would be wonderful also... hehehe
neocyke
Lurker

Malaysia Malaysia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2008, 08:22:18 »

One more thing. Can we skip the windows KB requirement? I dunno why but I just don't trust windows updates...  Undecided
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2008, 22:37:30 »

Quote from: neocyke
Anyway, my suggestion is a separate code / game editor. Just a simple button would do. The current way of adding a game using the active list is a bit too winded.
What would a standalone code/game editor edit?  The codes have to be in a codelist somewhere.  The point of the active list is to let you choose where you want the codes to go -- the idea being that you can keep multiple user-defined lists (some created yourself, some downloaded from others), any of which are editable.  (And if you don't want to go that far, then just create one custom list, set it as active, then forget about it -- MCM will remember that it was active the next time you start up.)

(The other reason was to ensure that the official codelists didn't get modified, since any changes to those would be lost the next time you downloaded an update.)

2nd would be a remove button for the visible favorites list.
It's on my todo list.  (There actually was a way to do this in MCM v1; it must have been left out due to an oversight.)  Usually though this isn't a problem unless you've removed the last codelist that contained the game -- and even then, it won't cause any major harm.  You'll still be able to export, it'll just clutter your favourites list.

3rd and last is Export to ARMAX button for active list just like the favorites one.
While it's not quite as automated, you can already do that.  Click on the Export button in the Active List section and change the file type to MAX Codelist, then save it wherever you want (including directly to your MAX Drive).  (If you want ARMAX to pick it up, you just need to name it codelist.bin.)

Oh yeah, integrating a code coverter fr other devices (code~ahem~breaker) to ARMAX would be wonderful also... hehehe
I have no plans to do that.  There's already a decent code conversion tool around, and I don't have any other code programs on my PS2 anyway, so I wouldn't be able to test it properly.

One more thing. Can we skip the windows KB requirement? I dunno why but I just don't trust windows updates...
Well, if you really want to you can try using the portable version -- that's just a zip file so it won't enforce the requirement for the KB.  But I don't recommend that, since I discovered that my test computer would spontaneously bluescreen and/or reboot if the KB wasn't installed.  Hence why I said it was a requirement Smiley
« Last Edit: 03 August 2008, 22:39:42 by Miral » Logged
jayman52
Lurker

United States United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2008, 17:55:15 »

I would suggest a way to completely uninstall the program in the next revision. As of right now, if you uninstall it but decide to reinstall it later then the list of codes you downloaded from codejunkies will still be there. It will still be there even if you delete all the registry keys. This is really annoying for me.
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 26 August 2008, 21:38:39 »

I regard that as a feature rather than a bug.  But if people really want, I could add an option to delete the settings and (non-custom) codelists for the user running the uninstall.  (The Windows architecture doesn't permit an uninstaller to delete the settings for other users on that PC.)
DeltaBladeX
Lurker

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2009, 22:40:05 »

Support for large amounts of games in custom files.  I add all games I own that ARMax supports to my list (currently at 173 titles / 1006kb) and no codes load from it.  Smaller files work fine.  Granted, I could just remove some games but would prefer not too.  Never know when I might want to play a game. 

Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2009, 03:24:52 »

I've used codelists that size before without issues (and of course the full official codelist is much bigger).  So I'm not sure why you'd be having problems with it.

You could maybe try adding subsets of games -- maybe it's one game in particular that's messing up the list when included?

Though unless you've got a 16MB or larger card, using 1MB just for the codelist seems like a waste.  I try to keep mine under 200KB at all times.
DeltaBladeX
Lurker

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2009, 12:45:22 »

Yeah, I know ARMax loads bigger files.  Hence why I thought maybe the program to customize the codelist can't handle creating a large file.  I actually keep the file on a USB drive since I can load it from that and just use this program to trim down the codelist co I'm only dealing with games I have in the codelist.  I'll check to see if its a particular game since the problem only showed up when I added my 3 newest games to the list. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: