Life in Mirality
21 August 2018, 12:52:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corrupt Data issue  (Read 5024 times)

DoubleA58
Lurker

United States United States

View Profile
« on: 25 April 2010, 22:33:53 »

Ok so I have an old 2004 action replay Max with flash drive I make my favorites list click Export to ARMAX underneath, then I take my flash drive to my ps2 and transfer that BIN file to my memory card through my ARMAX cd, transfers fine but the icon is all messed up so i restart my ps2 check my memory card and it frezzes i restart and try again to look at the contents of my memory card I have my system configurations and a small cubed icon that says corrupt data, I didnt have any saves one the memory card to begin with so I knew that had to be it, I load up my ARMAX again and the codes are my favorites list so my question is is it supposed to be corrupt data in my memory card? is it safe to keep it there?
DoubleA58
Lurker

United States United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2010, 22:57:55 »

ok I redid the process twice more just in case and now the favorites codelist wont show up in expert mode anymore
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2010, 02:46:18 »

Yes, the standard PS2 memory card browser sees the MAX codelist as "corrupt data" because it's not in a standard savegame format.  That's normal and shouldn't cause any issues as long as you don't try to do anything with it from the standard browser.

Try booting up ARMAX without your memory card in, and then insert it just before selecting the MAX Memory option from the menu.  When importing a new codelist, you need to use the MAX Memory option (not the standard PS2 save browser), delete any ActionReplayMaxSettings files, and then copy over the codelist.  Then reboot your PS2.

Warning: MAX Memory (at least in some versions of ARMAX) has a bug where if you try to delete too many files at once (I'm not sure what the limit is, though) it can corrupt the entire card, requiring a reformat.  Make sure you've backed up anything important from your card to your MAX Drive before you go deleting anything on the card.
Chasereger
Lurker

Egypt Egypt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2015, 03:52:09 »

It is difficult to do.
Lessan
Lurker

Burkina Faso Burkina Faso

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2015, 21:27:43 »

Gaming is a very entertaining one.

Kakaozil
Lurker

Angola Angola

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2016, 19:21:12 »

How to Fix Corrupt Data issue is not just me I'm just having trouble staying fit at all.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: