Life in Mirality
23 February 2018, 10:38:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with Importing an ARMAX Codelist  (Read 8853 times)
 
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
steelvulture
Lurker
*

*
Offline Offline

United States United States

Posts: 9


View Profile
« on: 29 March 2010, 10:58:28 »

I have been doing mass conversions of codes from other systems (i.e. Gameshark) into ARMAX.  In order to get all of the codes into MCM as quickly as possible, I have been outputting the converted codes into an ARMAX codelist file from the conversion program (Omniconvert).  In the “Other Codelists” section, I select “Add…” and let it save as an MCM codelist file when prompted.  When I open the codelist, the game is listed as PAL.  However, the codes are in fact NTSC (initial codes that are being converted are for NTSC).  I don’t know if it is an issue with Omniconvert when creating the codelist file (Omnicovert settings are all set for NTSC), but when I go to edit the code and just click OK without changing anything, the code is then recognized as an NTSC code.  I have to do this for every code in order to get the entire game recognized as an NTSC game, but this can be very tiresome (the game I converted had over 200 codes).  I am using the latest version of MCM (v2.3).  Any thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: 29 March 2010, 11:00:07 by steelvulture » Logged
Miral
Administrator
*****


Offline Offline

New Zealand New Zealand

Posts: 61


View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2010, 12:04:34 »

Can you put an example of one of these codelists (with NTSC codes that appear as PAL codes) somewhere so that I can have a look at it?
Logged
steelvulture
Lurker
*

*
Offline Offline

United States United States

Posts: 9


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2010, 12:34:51 »

Please check PM regarding the codelist file.
Logged
steelvulture
Lurker
*

*
Offline Offline

United States United States

Posts: 9


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2010, 15:21:10 »

Were you able to get the codelist file?  If you have, have you taken a look at it yet?
Logged
Miral
Administrator
*****


Offline Offline

New Zealand New Zealand

Posts: 61


View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2010, 02:40:47 »

I did get it, but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, I'm afraid.  Things are insanely busy at work at the moment.
Logged
Miral
Administrator
*****


Offline Offline

New Zealand New Zealand

Posts: 61


View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2010, 02:26:23 »

First of all, my apologies for the ridiculously late response.  But things have been really crazy at work recently, as I said.

I've had a look at the .bin file you provided, and it definitely looks like a problem with OmniConvert (assuming that's the program that wrote the .bin in the first place).  One of the bits of extra information stored with each code in the .bin file is the code's region (which is also encoded separately in the code text itself).  It looks like in your case while the code text is correctly claiming to be an NTSC code, that extra information is claiming it as a PAL code; and until you go in and actually edit the code both MCM and ARMAX itself are going to trust that extra header information.

Have you sorted this out in the intervening time?  Does this happen with other codes?  How much of a problem is it?  Have you checked if there's a later version of OmniConvert that fixes the problem?
Logged
steelvulture
Lurker
*

*
Offline Offline

United States United States

Posts: 9


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2010, 07:15:34 »

I haven't done much importing into MCM since then.  I believe I had tried doing it with codes for other games as well and had the same issue.

I haven't tried exporting the codes with MCM stating the list as mixed with PAL and NTSC as I have always changed all the codes to be detected as NTSC so the whole list is NTSC.  That's the main issue with this problem, having to go to each code to get it detected as NTSC which gets more annoying for larger lists.  I don't know if ARMAX would work if I exported the list as mixed.

I have been using the latest version of OmniConvert that is available on the website (v1.0.3).  Looking at the source package for OmniConvert, it looks like it hasn't been touched for two years.
Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.