Life in Mirality
21 August 2018, 12:52:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unified codelist  (Read 9103 times)

Blackg33
Lurker

Italy Italy

View Profile
« on: 16 March 2008, 05:56:20 »

Thanks, you are the best.
Now i have a question Smiley
I'm trying to create a backup of my armax with an unified codelist.
Then i'll be able to distinguish in the list the pal codes from the ntsc?
I'm not sure about that Smiley
Thanks!
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2008, 17:05:28 »

I'm not completely sure, since I don't have an NTSC version of ARMAX myself, but as far as I am aware each version of ARMAX will only show matching region codes.

So if you create a combined codelist containing both PAL and NTSC codes and put it on your memory card, then you should see only the PAL codes when you run the PAL version of ARMAX and only the NTSC codes when you run the NTSC version of ARMAX.

Within MCM itself it will clearly show you which games are PAL and which are NTSC.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2008, 17:07:25 by Miral » Logged
neocyke
Lurker

Malaysia Malaysia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2008, 07:11:26 »

Not really. I create updated ARMax discs every so often and from what I've figured, the PAL and NTSC discs will only load the corresponding codelists. An NTSC disc will not load PAL codes (and vice versa) eventhough the disc has both codelists on it. I found out recently however, if you copy the PAL file codelist.bin into your mc and load NTSC ARMax will show both codes. NTSC from the disc and PAL from the mc codelist. And from what I can see, if both codelists have the same game, the game from the newer codelist will override the one from the disc. A strange spin on this though, if the same game have different region info added, they will both show up...
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 23 March 2008, 14:10:15 »

Oh ok, well there you go then Smiley  I don't have any NTSC games myself (since I don't have a modded console), so I'm not too familiar with the cross-region stuff.

However I do know that the PAL and NTSC codes have different internal game ids, which is why they can coexist in the same codelist.  If you want to put both versions into your codelist (and they do both show up in ARMAX) and you're having trouble telling them apart, then you can rename the game or add a comment to it if you like.

Just bear in mind that any user changes you make override those from the official codelists, so if the master code is updated at some point in the future then you won't pick up the changes automatically.  That doesn't happen too often, though.
neocyke
Lurker

Malaysia Malaysia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2008, 17:45:45 »

A lil bit more info. I just used MCM2.1 last night to create customized codelists (and adding in some new codes in the process). What I've found out that ARMax will load whatever codes from the codelist you have in your MC and ONLY those. Kinda wierded me out a bit since I've always found it will load codes from *both* CD and MC since I only keep PAL codes on MC...

Point is, once you create a custom codelist that has both NTSC and PAL codes, all of them show up. So I guess that answers the original question. Either that or my ARMax is screwy hehehe  Tongue
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2008, 18:20:14 »

A lil bit more info. I just used MCM2.1 last night to create customized codelists (and adding in some new codes in the process). What I've found out that ARMax will load whatever codes from the codelist you have in your MC and ONLY those. Kinda wierded me out a bit since I've always found it will load codes from *both* CD and MC since I only keep PAL codes on MC...
Yep, that's sorta the idea.  (Maybe I need to be more explicit about this in the docs?)  This makes your favourite codes much easier to find, since they're not hidden away within the larger codelist that's always present on the CD Smiley

I also know that (with EVO edition only) if you don't have a codelist on the MC at all then it will load the codelist.bin directly from the USB drive.  I'm not quite sure what it does if there's a codelist in both places; I think it uses the one on the MC, but I don't recall if that was just an assumption or if I actually tested that.
neocyke
Lurker

Malaysia Malaysia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2008, 04:37:10 »

Just some added FYI :

Priority on loading codelists for ARMAX is : MC1 -> MC2 -> USB -> CD
Of course the USB option only applies to EVOs. I don't have a non-EVO version so no 100% sure if it's true or not. Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: