Life in Mirality
18 October 2018, 07:01:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Downloaded Code List  (Read 9618 times)

Orca239
Lurker

United States United States

View Profile
« on: 05 January 2009, 12:06:00 »

I'm trying to add a custom version of codes for a particular game that also has a different code list from the downloaded codes.  It won't let me add the new list because it exists with a different Master code on the downloaded list... and I can't figure out how to remove the downloaded list from the full list.  Any ideas or a way to remove the downloaded list?
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2009, 12:26:07 »

You can't, but you also shouldn't need to.

If the new master code has a different game ID than the original, then MCM will treat it as a completely separate game, so there won't be any problems adding it.

If it has the same game ID as an existing game, then it will object if you're trying to add it as a new game.  In this case, what you should do is to add the existing game to your custom codelist (thereby importing all of its normal codes) and then change the master code afterwards.

If the original game that it's conflicting with isn't the same game, then you should contact whoever you got the codes from and get them to issue new codes without conflicting IDs.
Orca239
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2009, 15:51:55 »

I added the game to my active code list and changed the master code.  It came up with a message asking if I was sure because the "code's ID has changed", so I told it I was sure.  Then I tried to add a code to the list (which emptied) and it gave me the same error I was getting before:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. ...
A game is only permitted to contain one master code.

So I click Continue, and it goes away, but the codes will not be added.

These codes are from fairly populated forums, and no one else has noted having a problem with the master code before that I know of.  I wouldn't even mind deleting all the other games and codes to let this work if I knew how to do so.
« Last Edit: 08 January 2009, 15:55:15 by Orca239 » Logged
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2009, 19:39:00 »

Ah, I think I see what the problem is now.  Yeah, it's not expecting the master code id for an existing game to change -- the way the merging process works, if you change the master code id then you'll end up with two master codes attached to the game (the new one and the original one), since any codes from the original game that haven't been overridden (going by their code ids) will still be included in the combined list.

There isn't really a good solution to this short of getting different codes; either the game id needs to be different (especially if it's a different game than the existing one in the downloaded codelist) or the master code id needs to be the same (so that it replaces the old master code).

I guess one other longer-term possibility would be for me to attach some kind of option to the game in the custom codelist such that it completely replaces the standard codes, instead of being merged with them.  That could get a little tricky though.  Hmm...

Do you really really need to replace the master code?  What's different in it than in the standard code?
Orca239
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2009, 13:33:51 »

I'm not really sure how the codes thing works, but here's the Master code that was given for the new list:
ARMAX ID (Also known as a GAME ID): 09CB

Master Code
G508-551M-6NMDZ
AQJ4-JEHD-R62QR

And here's the "official" ones:
VNVH-7KMA-DX61K
A4UT-3BKQ-TYYV5

I'll assume the "ID" displayed in Max Codelist Manager is the same kind of thing as the one for the custom list.
ID: 2507
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 17 January 2009, 00:09:27 »

Yeah, the code id has definitely been changed.  And it is doing something different too, for some reason.

If you use this code instead, then MCM will let you enter it (this has the same code id as the existing game's master code, and the same content as the new code):
Code:
NBCR-UDGY-6QM2A
AQJ4-JEHD-R62QR

Though as I said before, MCM will automatically bring in the codes from the downloaded list; there's no way to remove them short of replacing them with a code with the same id, or using a different game id for everything.

I wonder why they changed the code ids?
Orca239
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2009, 10:38:48 »

Thanks for your help, it worked.  By the way... none of the "official" codes actually work on the game, but these do.
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 26 January 2009, 12:22:56 »

Well, the official "Infinite Chim" code is obviously broken (it uses an invalid command; someone evidently forgot to convert it properly), but the others seem reasonable on the surface.  But maybe they were using a different edition of the game than what you have?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: