Life in Mirality
22 May 2018, 10:27:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Folder Codes  (Read 9308 times)

Cyndaquil
Lurker

United States United States

View Profile
« on: 25 December 2008, 21:58:28 »

Can you please explain how folder codes work if you know how? The reason is because I am going to convert a huge amount of codes and put them in a codelist, and I would like to arrange them so I can select them easier (by character, etc.).

I have looked various places on the internet and even sent a question to CodeJunkies.
My question was something like, "How do you create folder codes? I want to arrange my OFFICIAL codes differently."
They responded something like, "Just type in the codes provided on the website and the codes will be in the folder."
-Can they get any more annoying?

Anyway, please explain to me how to create folders, modify official ones (if possible). Please explain both checklist folders and 'one select' folders if you can. I appreciate any effort you put in to it and am eagerly awaiting your response. I am aware that following any instructions you give me may result in (unlikely) damages and you will not be held reliable.   Wink
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2008, 01:32:54 »

The initial part of any MAX code is a kind of header that describes the game id, code id, region etc.  There are two optional extra bits of info that can be included in there; one is "I'm a folder which allows selecting up to X subcodes" (where in practice X is either 0 [meaning "any"] or 1 [meaning "just one"], but in theory could be higher).  Another is "I'm a child code of the code with this id".  If a code has both of these, then it means that it's a subfolder of another folder.

Thus to create a new folder you must first create a folder code and then modify all the codes you want to put into that folder to point them at their new parent.

The technical details of how to do this are really fiddly and it's not something you'd really want to do manually.

It is, however, on the drawing board for the next version of MCM -- I've actually got most of the implementation that would let you do this already in place; I'm just hesitant about how much editing to allow and how much validation it should perform.  (One of the things that gives me the most pause is that by my own standards, the official codelists contain numerous errors.  I'm not entirely certain whether these are genuine errors or whether this means that my understanding of the code structure is flawed.)
Cyndaquil
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2008, 21:56:17 »

It is, however, on the drawing board for the next version of MCM -- I've actually got most of the implementation that would let you do this already in place; I'm just hesitant about how much editing to allow and how much validation it should perform.

Why don't you let me be a tester? I'll try it on both Vista Home Premium (SP1) and Windows XP Home SP3. As long as it won't hurt my computer (in which case my anti-virus would go crazy), I'm fine with testing a beta version.
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2008, 01:41:31 »

That's doable, but I'd need to stop playing Prince of Persia long enough to do some more work on it.  And that could be tricky Wink
steelvulture
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2008, 12:31:05 »

You can create folder codes using Omniconvert. It can create them automatically if you select the "Make Organizers" option in the Options menu.  The first line you enter for the input would just be the name of the folder as text and it would be followed by a blank line.  Subsequent codes entered would be automatically converted to use the single line of text as a folder until another single line of text is encountered.

Here's an example using the official NTSC codes for .hack//Quarantine.  In the input area, you would enter something like the following:
Infinite Foods

Golden Eggs
43DC-VDDK-4TNKE
Y62R-JK2U-Y9ETY

Grunt Mints
WWAQ-7PV7-536T9
1U65-JN4P-4CUAD

Twilight Onions
18Q3-7Y8R-B0UYM
ERAT-481J-XQF0G

Infinite Virus Cores

Virus Core A
BD2N-6P93-2FGZM
5835-1MWK-F5KUC

Virus Core B
7R8X-74RY-GRVTA
TUNE-TT8Z-QATN3

Virus Core C
Y1T9-EC2T-8Q074
DQNE-64XE-K0FDG

The resulting converted codes would be something like this:
Infinite Foods
3ME2-BZB3-NZ2PT

Golden Eggs
EWDE-3B0Y-YJ5K6
Y62R-JK2U-Y9ETY

Grunt Mints
H096-76EF-YG1BU
1U65-JN4P-4CUAD

Twilight Onions
DUH6-E1NE-74E73
ERAT-481J-XQF0G

Infinite Virus Cores
KZ82-8RZY-BYE3F

Virus Core A
U3YW-4AG8-270MP
5835-1MWK-F5KUC

Virus Core B
ZHKH-WQE3-UKBCE
TUNE-TT8Z-QATN3

Virus Core C
V2W3-QJMM-KR18Z
DQNE-64XE-K0FDG

One thing to be careful of is to make sure there are no spaces following the folder name (i.e. "Infinite Virus Cores  " instead of just "Infinite Virus Cores") because it can cause Omniconvert not to produce the folder codes.  If you want to make folder codes, the text for the folder name followed by a blank line is required, but entering the text for the code name is not required.  Omniconvert would just label the converted code as "Unnamed Cheat."
Cyndaquil
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2008, 10:42:53 »

Thank you, kind stranger! I will try that right away!
Now, I will fulfill my destiny...to create an organized solution for all Kingdom Hearts 2 Codes!!!

Okay, but a few questions:
How do you create an "organizer" in an "organizer"?
How do you create a "select only 1" folder/organizer?

Any Ideas?
(Just to make sure you know what's up, I'm using omniconvert)
steelvulture
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2008, 12:26:11 »

It looks like Omniconvert can only create one level deep (no subfolders) checklist type folder codes.  For subfolders and the "select only 1" type of folders, you would have to probably do the conversions manually.  You can try looking at the various guides at Codemasters Project (http://www.codemasters-project.net/portal-english/apportal/news.php).  There might be something there, but I'm not sure.  I've tried to manually convert codes before coming across Omnicovert and failed miserably.
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 01 January 2009, 19:15:47 »

Enjoy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: