Life in Mirality
18 August 2018, 14:23:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't get AR to read the 'codelist.bin' file  (Read 11120 times)

Cyndaquil
Lurker

United States United States

View Profile
« on: 06 October 2008, 13:57:10 »

(My forum account does work now, weird, huh?)

Anyway, like I emailed you, it doesn't read the codelist.bin file. What should I try now? Can you create a new version that will save to 'settings.dat'?
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2008, 23:43:28 »

You mentioned in your email that MAX Memory says that it's Codelist Version 0.

Now, there's only two ways that I can think of that this could happen.  One is that the file is being corrupted in transit (eg, you're using a USB stick that isn't supported by MAX Memory).

The other way is that the codelist is empty.  Have you actually added some favourite games?  How many games and codes does MCM list immediately above the "Export favourites to ARMAX" button?
Cyndaquil
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2008, 14:57:47 »

How does the "Export Favorites to ARMAX" button work?
I've been using the 'export' button for the active codelist and saving it as a 'codelist.bin'

(Maybe that's my problem?)
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2008, 23:22:50 »

Yeah, that does sound like the problem.  "Pure" custom codelists have an embedded version number of 0, and ARMAX will refuse to read them because there's a later version on the CD.  The Export option for custom/active codelists is just intended for sharing them with others, not for putting onto the ARMAX.

I thought I explained how the favourites work fairly well in the docs, but the general idea is to first hit the Download button to download the latest codelist (or import the one from your existing CD, or both), hit the "View full combined codelist" button, tick all the games that you're likely to want to play soon (and want to have codes available for), hit "Update favourite games", and then finally hit "Export favourites to ARMAX".

The "full combined codelist" is the result of merging the official codelists and all the ticked custom codelists together (in order), and is always the biggest codelist the program has.  From there, you use the Favourite Games to select only those games you're interested in for the next few gaming sessions, to reduce the space that your codelist takes up on your memory card or USB stick.

Codes in the custom lists override codes in the official lists (when ticked), which is how you can modify, reorganise, or add extra codes; if you're not making any changes, though, then there's no need to put them into a custom list.
« Last Edit: 07 October 2008, 23:25:37 by Miral » Logged
Cyndaquil
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2008, 15:50:54 »

Can you get me a copy of the latest codelist? My computer doesn't have a working CD Drive, so... um... yeah.
I'm still getting the Codelist 0, so I think I need to add official codes, right? (I only have about 7 custom codes on the list right now.)

If you could just upload the codelist to a filehost or something that'd be cool.
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2008, 23:13:37 »

That's what the Download button is for.
Cyndaquil
Lurker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 November 2008, 17:18:22 »

Yeah, I got it to work now.  Wink