Life in Mirality
20 November 2018, 14:43:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: MAX Codelist Manager v2.3 released!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AR Max Freezes  (Read 16276 times)

Orca239
Lurker

United States United States

View Profile
« on: 05 October 2008, 08:17:06 »

I just tried the MAX Codelist Manager and put the new favorites codelist onto the MAX Drive.  When I try to load my codelist on the PS2, AR MAX freezes part of the way through the codelist load.  From installation:
  • I imported the codes from my CD
  • downloaded the NTSC codes from the server
  • added all of the codes from the combined list to my favorites
  • sent the favorites list to the MAX Drive and a folder on my PC
  • added the codelist just created on my PC to the custom list
  • edited a few games (used /'s and []'s in the game names)
  • imported some manually edited codes from the arsettings file
  • added some official codes manually for Devil May Cry
  • added everything to the favorites list
  • and sent the list to the MAX Drive and the folder on my PC again

I also deleted the old arsettings file (after a backup), and deleted arsettings stuff on my memory cards.  Then I tried to load AR MAX in the PS2 and it freezes during the codelist load.  What did I do wrong, and what can I do to fix it?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 05 October 2008, 08:19:08 by Orca239 » Logged
Miral
Administrator

New Zealand New Zealand

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2008, 15:18:12 »

ARMAX does sometimes take quite a while to load the codelist, even when it's a fairly short one (my codelist of about 10 games seems to take ARMAX about 45 seconds with no motion of the progress bar).  Are you sure you waited long enough?

Also, make sure you use the ARMAX Max Memory program to delete codelist data from your memory card -- the built-in PS2 file browser cannot "see" the codelist file so it won't be able to delete it (if it shows anything at all, it usually calls it "corrupted data").  But be careful with this -- if you delete too many saves at once in MAX Memory then it can corrupt the entire memory card and force you to reformat it.  It's best to stick to one at a time, and make sure that you've made backup copies of your saves beforehand.

Other than that, though, I think the best thing to do is to try a process of elimination.  Try unticking all of your custom lists, first of all, and see if ARMAX can successfully load just the basic downloaded list (it's possible it won't -- CodeJunkies have been known to upload broken lists in the past, although they usually fix it fairly quickly, and usually they're broken in a way that makes MCM refuse to load them at all).

If it can successfully read the basic list, then try adding your custom lists in one by one until you find the list that it doesn't like.  Then untick that one again and copy each of the games within to a new list one by one until it breaks again.  Then try to work out what it is about that game's codes that ARMAX doesn't like.  And don't forget to share it with the rest of us Smiley
« Last Edit: 05 October 2008, 15:21:25 by Miral » Logged
mike_mike810
Lurker

United Kingdom United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2009, 09:13:37 »

mine does that all i have to do though is plug i either like a memory stick (pen drive) or any thing that has a usb cable and memory eg. a mobile phone, camera or media player
Driflsina
Lurker

Austria Austria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2015, 23:07:07 »

I have read and feel great. I want to read something like that

Driflsina
Lurker

Austria Austria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2015, 23:08:16 »

The bad thing is unreadable be.